Fellow in Regional Anaesthesia – Musgrove Park Hospital
The post would suit a higher trainee who wants experience and training in the management of patients requiring regional anaesthesia.
The post would be for 6 -12 months with a view to achieving higher training in regional anaesthesia. Support would be given for those individuals wanting to complete higher education in regional anaesthesia.
The post holder would be encouraged to use their knowledge and skills to provide training in all aspects of regional anaesthesia and to act as a training and educational resource within the trust for both anaesthetic and other medical staff including non-anaesthetic doctors, F1 & F2 doctors, medical students, nursing and physiotherapy.
Training will be provided in:
- Ultrasound guided techniques (main focus)
- Peripheral nerve stimulating techniques
- Continuous catheter techniques
- Acute pain applications
- Service Developments including logistics of running regional lists
- Advanced regional anaesthetic techniques e.g. paravertebral blocks,
- Use of Ultrasound in other areas of Anaesthesia and Critical care.
The post holder will benefit from:
- Experience of working principally in lists that have a regional focus and much of this will therefore be in orthopaedics and trauma.
- Exposure to some general lists with an emphasis on regional anaesthesia techniques
- Opportunity to develop areas of interest / research
- An opportunity to participate in quality improvement / audit.
The post-holder will also participate in the registrar on-call rota (1:8 with internal cover).