Fellow in Vascular Anaesthesia – Royal Devon and Exeter NHSFT
The post would suit a higher or advanced registrar who wants experience and training in the management of complex vascular patients.
The post would be for 6 - 12 months with a view to achieving higher or advanced training in vascular anaesthesia.
The nationally renowned vascular unit at Exeter performs around 70 aortic aneurysm repairs per year with 50% as EVARs. About 50 awake carotid artery endarterectomies are performed and there is full access to in house cardiopulmonary exercise testing and MDT meetings. We have national expertise in thoracic outlet syndrome and complex upper limb vascular problems, receiving referrals from throughout the UK. Regular renal access lists provide ample opportunity to develop regional anaesthetic skills in this challenging group of patients.
Duties of the post include:
• Approximately 2-3 days per week of dedicated vascular anaesthesia.
• Vascular Pre-operative assessment
• Opportunity and post-fellowship study time for audit, service improvement and research.
• Provide supervised anaesthesia for vascular procedures in the Radiology department.
• An element of service commitment to include the registrar on call rota and out of hours obstetrics.
The post will concentrate on vascular anaesthesia but on occasions there may be an element of general service duties.
For further discussion please contact the college tutors at Exeter